Sunday, March 30, 2014

Product Review: NYX "Hot Singles" Eyeshadows


Product Name: NYX Hot Singles Eyeshadows
Product Price: $4.50
Where can I get it?: NYX Website, Ulta
Pros: Great variety of colors, low price
Cons: Next to no pigmentation, chalky, very hit-or-miss

First Impression:
    My first impression of these was literally "WOW, look at all these colors!!"; I have been wanting to branch out from neutrals into some pastels and brighter colors and since Spring has sprung, what better time to do so? I ordered 5 colors: "Gumdrop, Sex Kitten, Lolita, Rebirth,and Cupcake". When I received them in the mail I was stoked to start swatching and already thinking of how I want to wear them and looks I was going to put together. They look great in the little pots, the colors are vibrant and very pretty!

Lasting impression:
    I was so disappointed in these! There is next to no pigmentation in any one of them except "Sex Kitten"! I found that Sex Kitten was the only one with a creamy, not chalky, texture, not to mention the only one with any shimmer as listed! The others all swatched as white! I should've just bought a matte white shadow, it would've been cheaper and just as effective! The shadows also flaked and fell off of my skin, even with a primer; yes they were inexpensive, but I really wanted these amazing colors to work, and save for SK, they just didn't.

Verdict:
    Don't waste your money on these. 1 out of 5 shadows is REALLY bad. They are so hit-or-miss, it's hard to guess which ones will be good and which ones are crap. Better to get a different brand, or even buy their other single eyeshadows (those rock!!).

Would I recommend this to a friend?:
    Absolutely not.

Would I repurchase?:
    No way!

Score out of 5 cuppy-cakes:  
                      2 out of 5 cuppy-cakes. I gave 1 extra because I did at least get 1 good one.

No comments:

Post a Comment